Country Chicken And Potato Soup
- 2 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 20-ounce package refrigerated red-skinned potato wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped leek, white part only
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half, light cream, or milk
- Whole chives
- Garlic-flavor olive oil
- Combine 1 can of the broth, potatoes, leek, and garlic.
- Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Using a potato masher, slightly mash potatoes, leaving some potato pieces.
- Add chicken, snipped chives, and pepper.
- Stir in remaining broth and half-and-half.
- Heat through.
- Top each serving with whole chives and, if desired, a few drops of garlic-flavor oil.