Corn And Chicken Chowder
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or chicken thighs
- 4 ears sweet corn
- 1 32-ounce container reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped green sweet pepper, chopped (1 small)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups instant mashed potato flakes
- Ground black pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Combine chicken, corn, and broth.
- Cover and bring to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 12 minutes.
- Transfer chicken and corn to a cutting board.
- Add half of the sweet pepper to broth in Dutch oven.
- Stir in milk and potato flakes.
- Shred chicken and return to Dutch oven.
- Cut kernels from cobs and add to Dutch oven.
- Heat through.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle each serving with remaining sweet pepper and red pepper flakes.