Chinese Beef And Broccoli
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp plus 1/4 tsp sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 pound beef sirloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 head of broccoli florets, steamed until tender
- Cooked white rice
- Stir the cornstarch, baking soda, salt, 1/4 tsp sugar, and water.
- Coat the sirloin with the mixture and put in oiled slow cooker.
- Add onions.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients except broccoli and rice and mix in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Mix in broccoli.
- Serve over cooked white rice.