Chili For A Crowd
- 2 pounds boneless beef round steak or boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 large yellow, red, and/or green sweet peppers, chopped
- 2 15-ounce cans chili beans in chili gravy
- 2 14.5-ounce cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 15-ounce can kidney or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup beer or beef broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Spoon off fat.