Chicken-Squash Noodle Soup
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups dried medium noodles
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch-thick pieces
- 1 3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup snipped parsley
- Combine chicken pieces and poultry seasoning.
- Toss to coat.
- In a Dutch oven heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken pieces and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a bowl.
- In the same Dutch oven cook onion, celery, carrot, and garlic over medium heat 5 minutes or just until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and bring to boiling.
- Add chicken, noodles, and zucchini.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk milk and flour together until combined.
- Stir flour mixture into Dutch oven.
- Cook and stir until bubbly for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.