- 1/3 cup coconut oil or ghee, or 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup diced white onions
- 4 stalks lemongrass, cut lengthwise to fit in the pan
- 1 fresh green chili pepper, diced
- 1 (2-in) piece fresh ginger root, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, sliced
- 1 (13 1/2-oz) can lite coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 8 ounces bean sprouts
- 4 lime wedges
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions, lemongrass, chili pepper, ginger, garlic, coriander, curry powder, cumin, and salt and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add the sliced chicken thighs, coconut milk, and broth.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Before serving, remove and discard the pieces of lemongrass.
- Divide the laksa among 4 large soup bowls.
- Top each bowl with 2 ounces of bean sprouts, then squeeze a lime wedge over each bowl and drop the wedges into the bowls.
- Garnish each bowl with 2 mint leaves and serve.