- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 12-ounce package frozen sweet soybeans (edamame)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 14.5-ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 8-ounce carton sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- Snipped cilantro (optional)
- In a large skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat until lightly browned.
- In a slow cooker combine chicken, soybeans, sweet pepper, onion, chiles, cumin, coriander, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour broth over all and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- If using low setting, turn to high setting.
- Combine sour cream and flour.
- Using a wire whisk, stir sour cream mixture and zucchini into chicken mixture.
- Cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Top each serving with cheese and cilantro.