Chicken And Wild Rice Chowder
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup quartered mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 14-ounce cans chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- In a saucepan cook carrot, celery, and mushrooms in melted butter over medium heat until tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Add broth, chicken, wild rice, and pepper and cook and stir until mixture is bubbly and slightly thickened.
- Stir in half-and-half and heat through.