Chicken And White Bean Stew
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 10-ounce packages refrigerated light Alfredo sauce
- 1 15-ounce can Great Northern or cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chile peppers
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese (1 ounce) (optional)
- Parsley leaves (optional)
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Sprinkle chicken with cumin and pepper.
- In a skillet, cook chicken, half at a time, in hot oil over medium heat until brown.
- Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- Stir in remaining non-optional ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese and parsley.