Chicken And Salsa Soup
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 14.5-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 11-ounce can whole-kernel corn with sweet peppers, drained
- 1 cup chunky garden-style salsa
- 3 cups broken baked tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
- In a saucepan combine the water, broth, chicken, and chili powder.
- Simmer, covered, for 8 minutes.
- Add corn and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in salsa.
- Heat through.
- Top each serving with tortilla chips and sprinkle with cheese.