Chicken And Pasta Soup With Pesto
- 2 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or thighs, cubed
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 1/2 cup dried orzo
- 1 cup chopped zucchini (1 small)
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Ground black pepper
- 4 to 6 tablespoons purchased basil pesto
- Combine broth, chicken, undrained tomatoes, and orzo.
- Simmer, covered, for 6 minutes.
- Add zucchini, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Top each serving with pesto.