Cajun-Seasoned Vegetarian Gumbo
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 16-ounce package frozen sweet pepper and onion stir-fry vegetables
- 2 cups frozen cut okra
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 cups hot cooked white or brown rice
- Chopped green onion (optional)
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients except rice and green onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve gumbo in shallow bowls over rice.
- Sprinkle with green onion.