Broccoli-Potato Soup With Greens
- 2 red-skinned potatoes, chopped
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- Ground black pepper
- 2 cups winter greens
- Smoked Gouda cheese, shredded (optional)
- Combine potatoes and broth.
- Simmer, covered, for 8 minutes.
- Mash potatoes slightly.
- Add broccoli and milk.
- Bring just to simmering.
- In a bowl toss flour with 2 cups cheese.
- Gradually add to soup, stirring cheese until melted.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Top each serving with greens and cheese.