Broccoli Ginger Soup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 (13 1/2-oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 (2-in) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 3/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1/3 cup collagen peptides (optional)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Melt the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent for 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, coconut milk, broth, ginger, turmeric, and salt.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the broccoli mixture to a blender or food processor.
- Add the collagen, if using, and blend until smooth.
- Divide among 4 bowls, top each bowl with 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.