- 2 14-ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 16-ounce package fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons bottled roasted garlic
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked ham
- Ground black pepper
- Combine broth, broccoli, onion, and roasted garlic.
- Simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Transfer broccoli mixture, half at a time, to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return pureed mixture to saucepan.
- Bring broccoli mixture to simmering.
- Add cheese and cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Stir in half-and-half and ham.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.