- 8 strips bacon
- Warm bacon grease, reserved from cooking bacon (above)
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water for 12 hours, drained, and rinsed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup collagen peptides or protein powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika or smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons diced yellow onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced iceberg lettuce
- 1 small tomato, diced
- Crumbled bacon (from above)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 English cucumber, sliced crosswise into coins, for serving
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan over heat until crispy for 15 minutes, then remove from the pan.
- When the bacon has cooled, crumble it.
- Pour the warm bacon grease into a food processor or high-powered blender.
- Add the soaked cashews, mayonnaise, collagen (if using), vinegar, lemon juice, paprika, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pulse until smooth for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9-inch pie plate.
- Top with the lettuce, tomato, bacon, and green onions.
- Serve with the cucumber coins.