Black Pepper And Chile Baked Goat Cheese
- 1 teaspoon + 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- Small pinch of kosher salt
- 1 10-ounce log goat cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a small nonstick pan over medium-low heat, warm 1 teaspoon of the olive oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the walnuts and cook, stirring, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the salt.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the goat cheese, garlic, and black pepper.
- Transfer to a 6- to 8-inch round or rectangular baking dish and bake for 20 to 22 minutes.
- Let the goat cheese cool for 5 minutes, then drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle the red chile powder and sauteed walnuts over the top.