Beef Stew And Garlic Mash
- 1 1-pound bag frozen assorted vegetable blend (carrots, peas, and onions)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 17-ounce package refrigerated cooked beef tips in gravy
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 pound Yukon Gold or red potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- Combine vegetables and the water.
- Bring to boiling over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, microwave beef tips according to package directions.
- Add beef and Worcestershire to vegetables.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Cover bowl of garlic and 2 tablespoons water with vented plastic wrap.
- Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 1 minute.
- Set aside.
- In large microwave-safe bowl microwave potatoes on 100 percent power (high) for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stirring once halfway through cooking.
- Peel and mash garlic.
- Add garlic, oil, salt, and black pepper to potatoes.
- Divide among four dishes.
- Top with stew.
- Sprinkle each serving with oregano.