- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup bias-sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 15-ounce can red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5-ounce can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 10-ounce package frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1/2 cup regular barley (not quick-cooking)
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.