- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14.5-ounce can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 15.5-ounce cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 15.5-ounce cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 cooked bacon strips (optional)
- Jalapeno pepper strips (optional)
- In a large Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef, onion, chili powder, cumin, and garlic and cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in kidney beans, pinto beans, and cannellini beans.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Garnish each serving with bacon and chile strips.