Asian Pork Soup
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 ounces lean boneless pork, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups thinly sliced Chinese (napa) cabbage
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Coat an unheated large nonstick saucepan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat saucepan over medium heat.
- Add pork to hot saucepan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from saucepan.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to saucepan and cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in all ingredients except cabbage and green onion.
- Bring to boiling.
- Stir in pork, Chinese cabbage, and green onion.
- Heat through.