- 1/2 cup mango achar packed in oil
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 4 teaspoons + 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- 1 large red onion, sliced into thin rings
- Pour the achar into a resealable bag.
- Add the fish fillets, seal the bag tightly, and massage the achar onto the fish.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes to 2 hours.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, warm 4 teaspoons of the oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the fish fillets and sprinkle with salt.
- Cook the fish for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, if desired, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on the second side.
- Transfer the fish to a plate and return the skillet to the stove.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, warm the remaining 1/4 cup oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion rings and cook, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Top the fish with the onion rings.