- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1/2 cup avocado oil, or 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (dairy-free or regular), divided
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 medium zucchinis, sliced lengthwise into thin sheets
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Mix the dried herbs and salt in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the turkey, onion, garlic, and 2 teaspoons of the herb mixture and saute until the turkey is no longer pink for 10 minutes.
- Stir together 1 cup of the cheese and the beaten eggs in a bowl along with the remaining herb mixture.
- Place half of the zucchini slices in a 13 by 9-inch baking dish, followed by the turkey mixture, the cheese mixture, half of the sauce, the rest of the zucchini slices, and the remaining sauce.
- Top with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 20 minutes before serving.