Wild Rice-Ham Soup
- 5 cups water
- 1 14.5-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 3/4 cup wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red sweet peppers
- 4 cups shredded spinach
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients except pepper and spinach.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- If using low setting, turn to high setting.
- Stir in sweet peppers.
- Cook, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in spinach.