Whole Tuscan Chicken
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 8 cloves minced garlic, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 pounds whole roasting chicken
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Mix spices to form seasoning.
- Add the lemon zest and 4 minced garlic cloves.
- Separate chicken skin from breast and drumsticks and place seasoning under the skin.
- Rub chicken with 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- Cover inside and outside of chicken with seasoning and add lemon to the inside.
- In slow cooker, mix potatoes, onions, carrots, lemon juice, 4 minced garlic cloves and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Put the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or on low for 6 to 9 hours.
- Place the chicken in an oven-safe glass dish.
- Broil at 550 degrees F for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve chicken with vegetables from the slow cooker.