White Fish And Pea Chowder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup diced pancetta
- 2 1/2 cups mini white potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 lb skinless, boneless white fish, chopped into chunks
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Tip in the onions and pancetta and cook, stirring now and then, until the onions are softened and the pancetta is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the potatoes and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove half the potatoes from the stock and set aside.
- Transfer the remaining potatoes and stock to a blender or food processor, add the milk and whiz until smooth.
- Pour back into the pot, add the peas, fish and reserved potatoes.
- Cover and gently heat for 3 to 4 minutes, until the fish is just cooked through-don't boil.
- Stir in dill and season with salt and pepper.