White Bean-Turkey Chili With Corn Bread Dumplings
- 1 pound cooked turkey
- 1 16-ounce jar chunky salsa
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 8.5-ounce package corn bread mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (1 ounce) (optional)
- Slivered green onion (optional)
- Chili powder (optional)
- Chop turkey.
- In a Dutch oven combine turkey, salsa, beans, chili powder, and the 2/3 cup water.
- Bring to boiling.
- For dumplings, in a bowl mix together corn bread mix, egg, and the 1/4 cup water.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto boiling turkey chili.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Top each serving with cheese, green onion, and chili powder.