White Bean, Stuffed Poblanos
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 small yellow onions, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 15-ounce can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small Indian green chile or serrano chile, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1 pound small poblano peppers of roughly the same size, slit lengthwise
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, warm 1/4 cup of the oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the cumin seeds and cook for 1 minute max.
- Add the onions and coriander and cook, stirring, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Mash the white beans with a potato masher or fork in a bowl.
- Add the salt, chile, garlic, lime juice, and cooled onions and mix well.
- Taste and adjust the salt if needed.
- Divide the filling evenly among the poblanos.
- Arrange the stuffed poblanos slit-side up on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve garnished with lime wedges.