Warm Cumin, Asparagus, Tomato, And Quinoa Salad
- 1 tablespoon + 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small Indian green chile or serrano chile, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the cumin seeds and cook, for 1 minute max.
- Add the asparagus, cover, and cook for 4 to 6 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the asparagus, cooked quinoa, tomatoes, garlic, salt, and chile.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and mix.
- Stir in the lime juice and serve.