Vegetarian Chili With Polenta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup loose-pack frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15- to 16-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 16-ounce tube refrigerated cooked polenta, cut into 8 slices
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
- In a skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in potatoes, zucchini, undrained tomatoes and chiles, tomato sauce, chili powder, and garlic.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare polenta according to package directions.
- Serve with chili.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Top each serving with sour cream.