Vegetable-Pork Oven Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder or pork stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 2 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth or 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 16-ounce package frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 pound tiny new potatoes, halved
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces, or frozen cut green beans
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a Dutch oven brown half of the meat in hot oil.
- Remove meat from Dutch oven.
- Add remaining meat and onion and cook and stir until meat is brown and onion is just tender.
- Return all meat to Dutch oven.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the broth.
- Stir in remaining broth, thyme, oregano, lemon pepper, and salt.
- Bring to boiling.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover tightly and bake for 1 hour.
- In a bowl combine reserved 1/2 cup chicken broth and flour.
- Stir into stew.
- Stir in frozen corn, potatoes, and green beans.
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour.