Tuscan Ham And Bean Soup
- 3 15-ounce cans small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrot
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 2 14.5-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 cups torn kale or spinach leaves
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients except spinach and cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Before serving, stir in kale.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese.