Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 head Boston or Bibb lettuce, leaves separated
- small handful of cilantro, chopped
- small handful of unsalted, roasted cashews, chopped
- Warm the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the turkey and break it up with a spoon as it browns.
- When it's almost cooked through, add the peppers, green onions, garlic and ginger.
- Keep pushing everything around in the pan until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Pour in the water chestnuts, vinegar, soy sauce and Sriracha and give it all a stir.
- Check that the turkey has cooked through.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl.
- Assemble lettuce wraps with the meat filling, whole lettuce leaves and chopped cilantro and nuts.
- Cup a lettuce leaf in one hand, scoop in the fillings, fold up the leaf and tuck in.