Turkey And Rice Soup
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 10-ounce package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup instant white or brown rice
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- Combine broth, Italian seasoning, and pepper.
- Bring to boiling.
- Stir in frozen vegetables and rice.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in turkey, tomatoes, and pesto.
- Heat through.