Tuna Rice Cakes
- 1/2 cup Arborio rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 cups roughly chopped spinach
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cans tuna, drained
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Lightly grease 10 cups of a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Place the rice and 2 cups water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until the water is just absorbed.
- While the rice is doing its thing, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and let that quickly wilt.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg.
- Add the cheese, tuna, spinach puree and cooked rice.
- Leave some chunks of tuna, but stir it all together until it's well combined.
- Spoon this mixture into the muffin cups.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the edges are golden and set.
- Allow to cool a bit before running a knife around the edges to loosen them.