Tuna And Black Bean Wrap
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can tuna packed in oil, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 10-inch whole grain tortillas
- 2 handfuls chopped lettuce
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- In a large bowl, toss together the beans, tuna, tomatoes, peppers, onions, oil, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss gently, being careful not to break up the tuna into tiny pieces.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least half an hour or overnight for the flavors to combine and develop.
- When ready to assemble wraps, add the cilantro to bean mixture and give it a gentle stir.
- Lay the tortillas out on work surface.
- Place the lettuce in the middle of each wrap.
- Scoop the bean mixture on top, then add a few slices of avocado.
- Lift one side of the wrap over the filling.
- Now fold over the top and bottom, enclosing the filling.
- Roll the whole thing toward the open side until it's closed.