- 7 cups water
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- 1/4 cup snipped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Chopped green onion (optional)
- Combine the water, undrained tomatoes, carrot, lentils, onion, celery, bouillon granules, garlic, bay leaf, basil, oregano, and thyme.
- Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Discard the bay leaf from lentil mixture.
- Stir in parsley, salt, vinegar, and pepper.
- Stir in rice.
- Garnish each serving with green onion.