Tofu Green Bean Breakfast Scramble
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 pound green beans, ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces, or frozen cut green beans
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small Indian green chile or serrano chile, finely chopped
- 1 14-ounce package firm tofu, drained and crumbled into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chaat masala
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm the oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the cumin seeds and cook 1 minute max.
- Swirl the turmeric into the oil, then add the green beans, salt, and chile.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the crumbled tofu and mix well, then increase the heat to medium and cook, uncovered, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and mix in the lime juice and chaat masala.
- Taste and adjust the lime juice, chaat masala, and salt before serving, if needed.