Tilapia Chowder With Sage
- 2 small carrots, peeled
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped sage
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Snipped sage (optional)
- Thinly slice the carrots, onion, celery, and zucchini.
- In a Dutch oven cook carrots, onion, and celery in hot butter over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Add broth, undrained tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and bring to boiling.
- Add tilapia, zucchini, and sage.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Top each serving with dollop of sour cream.
- Sprinkle with sage.