The Thomas Tribute
- 3 Eggs (whites and yolks separated)
- 2 oz. Rum
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Cloves
- 1/2 tsp. Allspice
- 1/2 tsp. Cream of Tartar
- 1 lb. Sugar
- 2 oz. Brandy
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks and yolks until thin.
- Mix yolks and whites together.
- Add the rum, spices, and cream of tar-tar.
- Thicken with sugar until consistency of a light batter.
- Serve in an Irish coffee glass, combining 1 tablespoonful of the above mixture and 2 ounces of brandy.
- Fill the glass with boiling water.
- Garnish with fresh-grated nutmeg on top.