Spring Chicken Stew
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces baby carrots with tops, scrubbed, trimmed, and halved lengthwise
- 1 12-ounce jar chicken gravy
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 heads baby bok choy, quartered
- Fresh lemon thyme (optional)
- Finely shred zest from lemon.
- Set zest aside.
- Juice lemon.
- Set juice aside.
- Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add carrots, gravy, and the water.
- Stir in mustard.
- Bring to boiling.
- Place bok choy on top.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice to taste.
- Top each serving with lemon zest and garnish with lemon thyme.