Spinach And Basil Pesto Pizza With Ricotta And Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 large flatbread or naan
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shaved Asiago cheese
- a couple of basil leaves, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, mince the garlic.
- Add the spinach, basil, Parmesan, salt and pepper; pulse to roughly chop.
- With the motor running, drizzle in the oil and process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Place the flatbread on the baking sheet.
- Lightly drizzle it with a bit of olive oil and smooth it across the surface.
- Spread the pesto over the flatbread, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of the ricotta onto the pesto.
- Top the pizza with sun-dried tomatoes and sprinkle with Asiago.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges of the crust are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Allow the pizza to cool for a few minutes and then sprinkle with fresh basil.