Spicy Sausage Soup
- 1 pound bulk hot or mild pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 14-ounce cans chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 4 cups coarsely chopped Swiss chard leaves
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- In a large Dutch oven cook sausage, onion, and garlic until meat is brown, stirring to break up meat as it cooks.
- Drain fat.
- Stir broth and Italian seasoning into meat mixture.
- Bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat.
- Stir in Swiss chard.
- Cook just until wilted.
- Stir in tomato.
- Cook for 1 minute more.