Spicy Chickpea Dip
- 1 16-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 small Indian green chile or serrano chile, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile powder
- Combine all the ingredients plus 2 tablespoons water in a food processor and pulse into a coarse paste.
- Taste and adjust the salt, if needed.
- Transfer the dip to a serving dish and top with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of red chile powder.