Soy-Ginger Soup With Chicken
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 ounces dried somen noodles
- 1 6-ounce package frozen snow peapods, thawed
- Soy sauce
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients except noodles, peapods and soy sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir in noodles and peapods.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve with additional soy sauce.