Southwestern Steak And Potato Soup
- 2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut 3/4 inch thick and fat trimmed
- 3 cups cubed potato
- 1 16-ounce package frozen cut green beans
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 16-ounce jars thick and chunky salsa
- 2 14.5-ounce cans beef broth
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend (optional)
- Cut meat into 3/4-inch pieces.
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients except cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir before serving.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese.