Smashed Potato Soup
- 3 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow and/or red sweet pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled roasted garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, half-and-half, or light cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- Sliced green onion (optional)
- In a slow cooker combine potatoes, sweet pepper, garlic, and black pepper.
- Pour broth over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Mash potatoes slightly with a potato masher.
- Stir in whipping cream, cheese, and 1/2 cup green onion.
- Top each servings with sliced green onion.