Simple Short Rib Stew
- 2 pounds boneless beef short ribs
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound tiny new potatoes, halved
- 5 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 12-ounce jar beef gravy
- 1/2 cup plum sauce or hoisin sauce
- Trim fat from ribs.
- Cut ribs into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Lightly coat a 12-inch skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add meat, half at a time and cook until brown.
- Drain fat.
- In a slow cooker combine potatoes and carrots.
- Top with meat.
- In a bowl stir together gravy and plum sauce.
- Pour over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Skim fat.