- 1/3 cup olive oil, or more as needed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds medium or large shrimp, peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Put the olive oil in a skillet over low heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until it just turns golden, 2 or 3 minutes.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and add the shrimp, along with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Spread them out in an even layer.
- When the shrimp turn pink on one side, after 2 or 3 minutes, stir to turn them over.
- Continue cooking and stirring as necessary until the shrimp are pink all over and just barely translucent inside, another 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add a few drops of oil if the pan ever seems too dry.
- Stir in the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons water and cook for another 30 seconds to thicken the sauce.
- Stir in the parsley and serve.