Shrikhand (Sweet Cardamom Yogurt)
- 4 cups full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon + 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Seeds from 4 green cardamom pods, crushed into a powder, or 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Line a large colander with coffee filters or paper towels, overlapping them so that they cover the sides, and set it over a deep plate or bowl.
- Pour in the yogurt and refrigerate overnight or for up to 12 hours.
- Crush 1/4 teaspoon of the saffron threads into a powder.
- In a bowl, combine the strained yogurt, sugar, cardamom, and crushed saffron.
- Mix well, the yogurt should turn a pale yellow color.
- Top with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon whole saffron threads and refrigerate for 2 to 8 hours before serving.